Clearing Locks for Parents
A parent's ability to log in (account) may become locked if the parent enters an incorrect password too many times in a row. The district administrator sets the number of attempts allowed using the Set Login Attempts Allowed preference. Parents with locked accounts cannot log in again until the lock has been cleared or until midnight, when the account unlocks automatically.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select Clear Locked Parents.
- The Clear Locked Parents page lists all parents whose records are locked.
- If the list is long, it will be split into more than one page; select Next >> and << Previous to move forward and back through the list.
- To narrow the list to a certain parent, type the first and last name in the appropriate blank fields. Then, select Search.
To clear account locks:
When you have finished unlocking parent accounts, select Done.
- for all parents, select Clear All Parent Locks .
- for individuals, select Clear in the row for each parent whose account should be unlocked; when you do this, the parent's name will be removed from the list.