Clearing a Lock for One Personnel Account
Personnel accounts become locked when a person enters an incorrect password too many times. The district administrator sets the number of attempts allowed using the Set Login Attempts Allowed preference. A person with a locked account cannot log in again until the lock has been cleared or until the lock automatically clears at midnight of the day it was locked.
District personnel can unlock accounts for any personnel. School administrators can unlock accounts for personnel in their school.
If you are a school administrator and you have access to more than one school, select the school to work in before following these steps. To do this, on the Home page, select your name at the top; then, select Change Role in the menu that opens. You can then choose the school to work in.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select View Personnel.
- To retrieve a list of all personnel, do not enter any search criteria and skip to step 4. (For school administrators, this will find all personnel who are assigned to your school.)
- Type the person's first and/or the last name in the appropriate blank fields. You do not need to type the entire name if you are not sure how it is spelled; the software can perform a partial search. You can also select the person's school from the School drop-down list.
- Since only active personnel are likely to have locked records, you do not need to include inactive or un-assigned personnel in the search.
- Select Search.
- The personnel members who match your search will be listed. Click Select next to the person's name. (If the list is long, you may need to select Next >> and << Previous to move forward and back through the list.) If some personnel are listed twice because they have multiple assignments, you can click Select next to either listing.
- On the View Personnel page, select Unlock Account. This will clear the lock and the person will be able to log in again. The Account Status will change to "OK."