Changing Your Password
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- After logging in, on the Home page, select Users.
- Select Login Settings in the User Profile section of the page.
- Next, enter your user name and password. The software asks for this information so that another user cannot change your settings while you are away from the computer.
- On the Login Settings page, if the Change Password section is hidden, select the heading to show it.
- Enter a new password in the Enter New Password and Confirm New Password fields.
On the Login Settings page, you should also enter your email address and security questions. Your email address is required for you to use the Forgot Your User Name or Password link on the Home page; you cannot use it if you haven't previously entered your email address. (You must also verify your email address using the link in the email that you will be sent.) Security questions are not required, but they can help verify your identity if you want to use the Forgot Your User Name or Password link to reset your password.
- Select Save. Your new password will be saved, and you will need to use this password the next time you log in to the software.
Password changes are sometimes required. The person who added your name to the software can also change your password by editing your information, and that person can require you to change your own password the next time you log in. Passwords expire after one year; when your password expires, you will be asked to change it.