Editing or Viewing Capabilities for Existing Users in a Group
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, School Administrators
By following these steps, you are changing the capabilities for existing users in a user group - that is, users who are already in this group in the database. Your changes do not affect new users that have not yet been added to the database. (To change the default capabilities that will be given to those users, see Editing or Viewing Default Capabilities for New Users in a Group. You can also change capabilities for just one person.)
If you are a school administrator assigned to more than one school, you are editing capabilities for the role you chose on the Home page. To choose a different school, on the Home page, select your name, then Change Role, and choose a different role before starting the procedure below.
- On the Home page, select Product Administration.
If your Home page does not have a Product Administration tile, select Other Math & Reading Apps on the Home page. Then, select Product Administration. See the tip at the beginning of this topic..
- Select Define User Capabilities.
- Select Edit Existing Settings next to either the District User Capabilities or the School User Capabilities. (If you are a school administrator, only the School User Capabilities will be listed.)
- If you are a district administrator and are editing School User Capabilities, choose a school from the School drop-down list.
- Select the user group that you want to change the default capabilities for.
- On the next page, select one of the three options for each capability for users in this group:
- Leave as is means that users in the group who already have this capability will keep it, and those who don't have the capability still won't have it.
- Add to all users means that everyone in this group will be given the capability, even if some haven't had it before.
- Remove from all users means the capability will be taken away from everyone in the group, even if some users in the group have had the capability up to now.
- If you have chosen the wrong user group, select < Back to choose a different one.
- The Product column shows you which programs use each capability.
Select Save when you have finished editing the default capabilities for this group. Select Cancel to leave this page without making any changes.