Assigning Team Teachers to a Class
Team teachers can be added to a class so that they can see the class information and work with the class in your Renaissance Place products. The primary teacher is the main teacher for the class, but team teachers can also work with the class, and if you choose a team teacher as the Lead teacher for a product, that teacher will be listed on reports for that product.
To add or remove team teachers for an existing class, follow the steps below. You can only add team teachers if the class already has a primary teacher and products selected.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name and then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Courses and Classes.
- If you are a district administrator or district staff member, use the School drop-down list to choose the school you want to work with.
- Select the name of the course you want to view.
- On the course information page, find the class on one of the tabs (Complete Classes or Incomplete Classes). Note that you can only add team teachers for incomplete classes if they have a primary teacher and products assigned.
- Do one of the following:
On the Add/Remove Team Teachers page, to add team teachers, follow these steps:
- Select the class name. Then, on the Edit Class page, select Add/Remove in the Team Teachers row.
- In the list of classes, select Add/Remove Team Teachers in the row for a class.
- Enter the teacher's first and/or last name .
- Select Search.
- In the search results, find the teacher that you want to add and select Assign .
- The teacher will be added to the Product Access and Lead table on the right. Check the teacher's name under each product that the teacher needs to see data for . If the team teacher is actually the lead teacher for a product, select the Lead option for that teacher . Note that only one teacher per class (primary or team) can be the Lead teacher for a product; the Lead for each product is the teacher whose name appears on class reports for that product.
- Repeat these steps to add more team teachers.
To remove team teachers, select Remove next to the teacher in the Teachers table .
If you came from the course information page, select Save to save your changes to the class team teachers.
You cannot remove the primary teacher from a class. If you need to change the primary teacher, edit the class.
If you came from the Add Class or Edit Class page, select Continue to make the team teacher changes and go back to that page, where you can save all changes to the class.
Select Cancel to exit the page without making any changes to the team teachers.
If you go back to the Edit Class page, select Save on that page to ensure that your changes are saved.
If you select Cancel, but you have made changes to the class (including changes to the students and team teachers), an Unsaved Changes window will open. If you want to save the changes you made, select Save. If you want to leave the page without saving any changes (including changes to the students or team teachers), select Don't Save. To stay on the page, select Cancel.
After you add team teachers, they will be listed in the class information on the course page.