Assigning Personnel to the District
By assigning personnel to the district, you are designating them as district personnel, but you are not removing their school assignments. District personnel can perform all functions available to district staff in the Renaissance Place program.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select View Personnel.
- To retrieve a list of all personnel, do not enter any search criteria and skip to step 4.
- Type the person's first and last name in the appropriate blank fields. You do not need to type the entire name; the software can perform partial matches.
- When you search for school personnel, you can also use the School drop-down list to choose the person's school.
- If you want your search to include personnel who are not currently assigned to any school or the district (inactive personnel), check the Show Inactive/Unassigned Personnel Records box. If you select a person whose record is inactive, you cannot assign that person to the district until you reactivate his or her record.
- Select Search.
- The personnel who matched your search will be listed. Click Select next to the person's name. (If the list is long, you may need to select Next >> and << Previous to move forward and back through the list.)
- On the View Personnel page:
- If the person is not assigned to the district, you can assign him or her by selecting Assign to District. The person will be assigned as district secretary. You can change the person’s position at the district by editing his or her personnel record.
- If the person is assigned to the district, you can remove him or her by selecting Unassign from District.
Personnel who are not assigned to any school or the district will not be included in search results unless you choose to include inactive/unassigned personnel.