Assigning Personnel to Schools
School personnel are assigned to schools when they are added to the database. However, district administrators and district staff can change personnel assignments for any school, and school administrators can remove (unassign) personnel from their schools. If necessary, a person can be assigned to more than one school.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name and then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select View Personnel.
- To retrieve a list of all personnel, do not enter any search criteria and skip to step 4. (If you are a school administrator, this only finds personnel in your school.)
- Type the person's first and last name in the appropriate blank fields. You do not need to type the entire name; the software can perform partial matches.
- Use the School drop-down list to choose a school if necessary.
- If you want your search to include personnel who are not currently assigned to any school or the district (inactive personnel), check the Show Inactive/Unassigned Personnel Records box. If you select a person whose record is inactive, you cannot assign that person to a school until you reactivate his or her record.
- Select Search.
- The personnel who matched your search will be listed. Click Select next to the person's name. (If the list is long, you may need to select Next >> and << Previous to move forward and back through the list.)
- The View Personnel page shows you more information about the person you selected. Follow the steps that apply to your position:
- Select Edit School Assignments.
- When the Edit School Assignment page opens, the person's current school(s) will be listed on the top of the page. If you want to remove the person from this school, select Unassign in the row for that school. You can also change the person's position at the school by choosing a different position from the drop-down list; the position that you choose determines which tasks this person can perform in the software.
Before you save your changes, be sure to assign the person to a different school; personnel who are not assigned to any school or the district will not be included in search results unless you include inactive/unassigned personnel in your searches.
- If you want to assign this person to another school, find the school in the list below the buttons on the page. When you find the person's new school, select Assign in the row for that school. The school will be added to the list at the top of the page. Be sure to use the Position drop-down list to choose the person's position in this school.
- When you have finished changing the person's school assignments, select Save. If you decide not to save your changes, select Cancel instead.
- If the person is not currently assigned to your school, you can assign him or her by selecting Assign to School.
- If the person is assigned to your school, you can remove him or her by selecting Unassign from School.
Once a person has been assigned to a school, you can select that person as a primary teacher for a class in the school when you add or edit the class, or you can add the teacher as a team teacher to the class.