Assessment Proficiency Report
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
The Assessment Proficiency Report is a Consolidated report. Its data is based on the most recent consolidation of data from your Renaissance Place products. This report is only available if you have Star Math or Star Reading because it reports on data from those products.
The Assessment Proficiency Report provides a high-level view of how students are doing on one subject. You can use this report to identify sub-groups of students who need help and to anticipate achievement on upcoming state tests. The report provides statistics on the number and percentage of students who did and did not participate in each assessment and the number who are proficient based on the value you select.
When you print the Assessment Proficiency Report, you must choose the students to include, the product, the subject, the score category, the reporting period, the grouping and sorting options, the proficiency value, the student groups to include based on ethnicities and characteristics, and whether to include the mean or the median. As you choose these options, you can go back and change your previous choices by selecting one of the links on the left side of the page. To print the report, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, under Dashboards and Reporting, select Consolidated Reports.
- Select Assessment Proficiency.
On the Select Students page, choose whether to include students from the district, a school, a teacher's classes, or a specific class.
The options that are available to you depend on the available data and your role in the program. If you select a school name, you will see the teachers or classes listed. You can select Teachers or Classes to choose what to view. If you're viewing teachers, you can then select a teacher name to see that teacher's classes.
Click Select next to the district, school, teacher, or class that you want to include in the report.
If you want to narrow the group further, you can choose a reporting parameter group from the drop-down list or create a new group by selecting Create New or Edit Selected. Reporting parameter groups allow you to select students with a specific ethnicity, gender, language, characteristic, or grade or students who were enrolled in their schools before a specific date.
- After you click Select next to a group, the Select 1 Product page will open. Choose the product that you want to include in the report. The list includes Star Math and Star Reading (if you have both products). When you're ready to continue, select Next >.
On the left side of most pages in the wizard, you will see a sample report. If you want to see a larger version of the sample, select it.
To go back, select < Back at any point in this procedure, or select one of the links in the gray bar on the left side of the page.
- Next, you will be asked to select one subject. Since only one subject is available for the Star product that you selected, the subject will automatically be selected. Select Next >.
- Next, you will be asked to select one score category from the product you're including in the report. For definitions of the scores in Star Reading and Star Math:
After choosing the score category, select Next >.
Next, you will be asked to select one reporting period for the report. When you're ready to continue, select Next >.
Although kindergarteners can take Star Math tests, data for kindergarteners has not been norm-referenced. Therefore, on this report, no values will be shown for Percentile Rank (PR), Percentile Rank Range, and/or Normal Curve Equivalents (NCE) for kindergarteners.
- First, use the Group by drop-down list to choose whether to group by school, grade, teacher, or class.
- If you chose a school on the Select Students page, then choosing School in this drop-down list will mean the students will not be grouped.
- If you chose the district on the Select Students page, then choosing District in this drop-down list will mean the students will not be grouped.
- Next, use the Then list drop-down list to choose which items you want to list within each group.
- Choose the sorting option you prefer . You can sort alphabetically, by rank from lowest to highest, or by rank from highest to lowest.
- Type the proficiency value that you want to use (Normal Curve Equivalent or Percentile Rank for the Star products).
- When you're ready to continue, select Next >.
The report will show you data for these specific groups. Check the box next to each ethnicity or characteristic for which you want to see data.
- You can check all boxes under one of the categories by clicking select all under Ethnicity or Characteristics.
- You can also choose to start over by clicking deselect all under one of the categories.
- When you're ready to continue, select Next >.
Subgroups are shown below the group on the report. Note that if you are using a reporting parameter group, the main group is already limited by the criteria that you have chosen in the reporting parameter group.
The next page will list the information you've chosen to include on the report. Choose whether to include the mean (average) or median (middle) scores by selecting one of the options below the reporting data.
Finally, choose whether you want a list of all the options you've chosen earlier printed on the report. (This option is checked by default.)
Select View Report.
The Report Progress page will open while the report is being generated. Then, the report will open in a separate window. Use the options in your PDF reader to save or print the report.
You can choose a student's ethnicity when you add a student; however, this information is optional, so it may not be specified. If you want to use characteristics, you must assign them to students.