Adding Reporting Periods
Reporting periods are used for Consolidated Reports; Renaissance Place cannot consolidate data for those reports until you have added reporting periods. Once you have consolidated data, you can select the reporting periods to include when you generate a Consolidated Report. Each reporting period that you add will be available to every teacher and administrator who prints Consolidated Reports on this server.
Note that when you add a reporting period, you cannot select it for reports until the next day (after the next consolidation).
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, School Administrators
- On the Home page, under Dashboards and Reporting, select Consolidated Reports.
- Select View Reporting Periods on the left side of the page.
- Select Add Reporting Period.
- On the Add Reporting Period page, type the reporting period name and short name in the appropriate blank fields. Please note that the short name appears on reports.
- To enter the start date, type the date or select the calendar button to choose the date.
- You can enter the end date as you did the start date, or you can choose to set the end date a set number of days, weeks, or months after the start date. To do this, type the number of days, weeks, or months in the blank "Set end date in" field. Then, use the drop-down list to choose Day(s), Week(s), or Month(s). Then, select Set.
- To save your reporting period and add another reporting period, select Save and Add. Then, repeat steps 4-6 above.
To save your reporting period and exit this page, select Save. (To exit this page without saving the reporting period, select Cancel.)
Your new reporting periods will be available for reports the next time data is
consolidated. (To find out when this will happen, select Home, then select
Consolidated Reports under Dashboards and Reporting. You will see the next consolidation date and time on the Consolidated Reports page.)