Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
Follow these steps to add the personnel who will use the software, including district administrators, district staff, school administrators, school staff, and teachers. District administrators and district staff can add either district personnel or school personnel (such as principals or teachers). School administrators can add personnel assigned to their schools.
If you can export personnel information from other software, you may be able to import personnel instead of adding them one by one.
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name and then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
To save the information and then add other personnel, select Save and Add. Then, repeat step 3 to add the next person.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- If you are a school administrator, select Add Personnel.
If you are a district administrator or district staff member, select Add District Personnel if you are adding personnel who report directly to the district office, or select Add School Personnel if you are adding personnel who are assigned to a specific school.
If you are not sure whether the person should be added for a school or the district, see the list of positions and user groups in the capabilities topic.
- The Add Personnel page will open. Type the person's information in the appropriate blank fields.
To save the information and exit this page, select Save.
To exit this page without adding the personnel, select Cancel.
The Duplicate Personnel Record Found page will show you information for the new person and the existing person in the database. You can do one of the following:
- If the person you were adding and the existing person in the database are in different schools (or if the existing person isn't assigned to a school), you can select Add below the existing person's information to add that person to the school you chose for the new person.
- If the duplicate found in the database is a person who was deleted or unassigned (inactive), the page includes an Activate button, which allows you to restore the deleted person instead of adding him or her again.
- If you want to add a new person with the same name as the original person, select Add Personnel.
- To stop the process of adding the personnel member, select Cancel.