Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
Follow these steps to add the students who will use the software. (If you can export student information from other software, you may be able to import students instead of adding them one by one.)
You assign students to a school as you add them. If necessary, you can change the student's school enrollment later.
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name and then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select Add Student.
On the Add Student page, enter the student's information.
Information that is required is marked with an asterisk (*). Other information is optional--you don't need to enter information in any field that is not marked with an asterisk unless this information is useful to you.
- You can press the Tab key to move from one field to the next.
- Note that student first and last names are limited to 35 characters.
- User names and passwords cannot be the same. The program will generate a user name for the student if you do not enter one. When you type the student's password, dots will be shown instead of the characters you type. Be sure to give students their user names and passwords so they can log in for practice, quizzes, or tests.
- To enter the gender, grade level, ethnicity, and language, use the drop-down lists. (District administrators or district staff can also choose the student's school by using a drop-down list. When a school administrator adds a student, the student is automatically enrolled in that person's school.)
- In the Grade drop-down list, EE means Early Education, Pre-K means Pre-Kindergarten, K means Kindergarten, and None means no grade has been assigned. When you choose a grade for a student, the grade is automatically adjusted in previous and future school years; for example, if you choose 3 as the grade for this school year, the program will show the student's grade as 2 in the previous school year and 4 in the next school year.
- If you want to require the student to change his or her password after logging in next time, check the User must change password at next login box at the bottom of the page.
- If you want to save this student's information and then add another student, select Save and Add. You will stay at the Add Student page, but the fields will be cleared so that you can enter the next student's information.
If you want to save this student's information and you do not need to add more students right now, select Save. You will go to the Student Information page, where you can change enrollment and characteristic information on other tabs.
If you decide not to add this student, select Cancel.
If the new student has the same name as a student who is already in the database or a student that has been deleted, the Duplicate Student Found page will open. Select Add Student to add a new student with the same name as the deleted student, select Add to add the existing student to another school, or select Activate to restore the deleted student record.