Adding Student Characteristics
Characteristics can help you monitor the progress of specific groups of students. When you print reports, you can use reporting parameter groups to include only students with a specific characteristic.
As you assign characteristics to students, you may notice that some characteristics that you would like to use are not available. You can add them by following the steps below.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name and then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select Set Up Characteristics.
- If you are a district administrator or district staff member, use the School drop-down list on the Manage Student Characteristics page to choose the school that needs the characteristic(s) added or choose All Schools.
- The characteristics that have already been added are listed on the Manage Student Characteristics page. The list also shows which schools have each characteristic available; only schools that you can access are listed. Characteristics that are marked "Shared" are for multiple schools.
To add a new characteristic, select Add Characteristic at the top of the page. On the Add Student Characteristics page, click in the blank field and type the name of the new characteristic you want to add; then, select Add. Your new characteristic will be added to the list.
- Select Done when you have finished adding characteristics for the school(s).