Adding or Editing Days Off
You can use days off to record holidays, teacher conventions, and other occasions when school is not in session. Renaissance Place uses this information to calculate the number of actual school days in the school year or a reporting period; this number is used in calculations in some reports.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name and then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
You can only add or edit days off in the current school year or a future school year, not a past school year. For past school years, the add and edit links are not available, but you can view days off.
- If you want to add or edit days off for a future school year, you need to choose to work in that school year first.
- On the Home page, select School Years.
- Select Add/Edit Days Off.
- If you are a district administrator or district staff member, on the Select Schools page, check the box next to each school for which you want to set days off. Then, select Next >.
- On the Add/Edit Days Off page, you can add, edit, or delete days off.
If you see the Copy Days Off link, you can select it to copy days off from the previous school year. This link is not available if there are no days off to copy or you have already copied them.
To add a day off:
- Type the name, start date, and end date in the appropriate blank fields. You can also select the calendar buttons to set the start and end dates.
- Select Add. The day off will be added to the list at the bottom of the page.
In the list of the days off that you have added, you can do the following:
When you have finished setting or editing the days off, select Save.
If you are setting days off for multiple schools, select the number of schools at the top of the page or in the table to see the school names.