Connecting to a Renaissance Receiver
Renaissance Responders and NEO 2 will no longer be supported after future software updates.
Before students can practice or test in MathFacts in a Flash on NEO 2s, you must connect a Renaissance Receiver to your computer.
Install the NEO Manager software on the computer so that the Renaissance Wireless Server utility is installed on your computer.
- Make sure you are logged in to your computer as an administrator or that you have administrator privileges so that the device drivers load properly.
- Plug the square end of the data cable into the back of the Renaissance Receiver.
- Connect the flat USB connector on the data cable to a matching port on your computer.
- Now, start the Renaissance Wireless Server Utility on the connected computer. On most Windows computers, you will find it in the Start menu; in Windows 8, you will find it in the list of applications. On Macintosh computers, you will find it in the Applications folder.
- To log in, type 1234, then click OK. (This is the default Administrator PIN. If you have changed the PIN, enter your new PIN.)
- Click the Server Settings tab.
- Enter a new name in the Network Name field. Make sure the name is different from the name of your school's other Receivers.
- Click Update Network Settings.
- Select Renaissance Place Settings.
- Click OK when the program finishes updating the network settings. Make sure your students know the Receiver network name.
- Enter the web address or IP address for your Renaissance Place site. Select Verify to make sure the utility recognizes it as a valid address. Then, select OK.