Viewing Students' Skills Practice Scores
Follow the steps below to view students' skills practice scores for Instructional Reading assignments.
- Select Track Assignments on the main Accelerated Reader 360 page.
- You will go to the Track Student Work view. When you go to this view from Accelerated Reader Instructional Reading, AR 360 assignments are selected by default, and the class that you had selected in AR 360 is also selected in this view. In the example below, the "6 assignment types" that are selected are AR 360 assignments, and the class from the previous page is already selected. Make changes to the selections if necessary.
- Select the name of the plan that includes the assignments that you want to view scores for. Assignments for articles that students selected on their own are in the "AR 360 Instructional Practice Plan"; assignments that you created are in the plan that you created and named.
If you have more than one plan with the same name, the Start Date may help; this is the first day in the time period that you chose for the plan. Note that some plans may only be displayed if you have "School Year" chosen for the timeframe.
- After you click a plan, you will see a list of the AR 360 assignments in that plan. Click an assignment that has the scored activity that you want to review. In the example below, the first assignment (A Holiday to Celebrate Trees) has 5 activities in the Scored column.
Another way to get to scores for a specific student is to click the arrow next to the plan (instead of clicking the plan name) and then click the name of a student who has activities scored.
- In the example below, both the quiz and the skills practice for the article have been scored for two of the students. You can see the points earned and the percentage scores.
Select a skills practice score, then Review/Rescore/Resubmit.
Notice that you can also choose to view the student's performance across skills and item types, item responses, and mastery.
If you choose Mastery, you can see the student's mastery score and the mastery confidence based on the work the student has done. Note that if you assign work by browsing through articles or searching for articles, some skills practice assignments may focus on skills that are not part of your learning progression; those skills will not show mastery score information.
- When you choose Review/Rescore/Resubmit, you will go to a summary that shows the student's score.
- To go back to the Track Student Work page, select Done.
- If you want to edit the overall score, select Edit Score below the score; then, enter a new total score for the assignment and select Apply Changes. Select Done to go back to the Track Student Work page.
If you edit the total score instead of rescoring the items in the assignment, the student's mastery chart for the skill at the bottom of the page will not be updated, and mastery scores in the Monitor Student Mastery view will not be updated.
- If you want to rescore each item, select each item number to see the student response and to change the score if necessary. When you are done, select Return to Summary to come back to the summary page. Then, select Done to go back to the Track Student Work page.
If you rescore items instead of the overall score, the chart at the bottom that shows the student's progress on the skill will update automatically.
- If you want the student to do more work on the assignment and to resubmit it to be scored again, select Request Resubmit. Then, select Yes to confirm that you do not want to save your scores. You will go back to the Track Student Work page, and the skills practice assignment will be marked "In Progress" until the student completes the skills practice assignment again.
Students can also view their results for skills practice assignments. In the Assignments list on the student Home page, students can select a completed article assignment, then select a completed skills practice activity to see their score.