Deleting Student Groups
In addition to assigning work to your classes, you can assign it to groups, and you can create groups within a class.
If you no longer want to use a group, you can delete a group set or a group. Follow the steps below.
- On the main AR 360 page, select either Find Articles by Skills or Standards or Find Articles by Topic and Keyword.
- Select Manage Groups in the top right corner of the Select Skills or Topics to Practice page. Note that the button is not there if you have selected to plan for more than one class or school on the page.
- When you go to the Manage Groups page, follow these steps to select the class for which you want to delete groups:
- Select the link after "I am managing groups for." (When you move the cursor over the link, it will change to Edit Selection.)
- In the window that opens, choose the school (if shown), the teacher, and the class. The selections that you need to make depend on your position; teachers typically only need to choose the class to work with.
If you have access to more than one school or teacher, choose one of the options at the top of each column first (All Schools/All Teachers or Select Schools/Select Teachers). If you choose to select schools or teachers, check the ones whose classes you want to see. Then, select the class in the last column.
- Select Apply.
The class that you selected will be shown on the page, and the students' Star data will be shown in the graph if any is available.
Next, follow the steps below for either deleting a group or deleting a group set.
Deleting a Group from a Group Set
- Using the Group based on drop-down list, select the set of groups that includes the one you want to delete.
- Select Edit to the right of the drop-down list.
- To delete a group, first remove all students from the group. (Only empty groups can be deleted.) Then, select the Delete group link under the group.
- Select Save after you delete the group (or Cancel if you decide not to save your changes).
Deleting a Group Set
Follow these steps to delete a set of groups that you have created.
- Select the Group based on drop-down list and select Add/Remove Group Sets.
- Select the red X to the right of the group set name that you want to delete. The group set will be removed.
When you are ready to go back, select Back or Back to AR360 at the top of the page.