Labels - Book Report
Use the Labels - Book Report to print labels for the books in your school library that have matching Reading Practice Quizzes. The title, author, and interest level always print on the labels.
The instructions that you follow to generate the book labels depend on your version of the software.
The book labels measure 2 5/8" x 1" (30 labels per page, Avery L5160).
- On the Reports page, click Quiz Management.
- On the Select a Quiz Management Report page, if necessary, choose a school from the School drop-down list.
- Click Labels - Book in the list of reports.
- Click Select Quizzes.
- To search by title, author, or quiz number, choose a search method from the drop-down list. Then, type all or part of the information. Note: If you've chosen to search by Title exact match, Author exact match, or Quiz number, you must type the exact information in the field.
If you don't want to search by title, author, or quiz number, skip this step.
- Click More Criteria if you want to narrow your search by ATOS book level or Lexile® Measure, points, quiz installation date, fiction/nonfiction classification, interest levels, or quiz language. Then, use the boxes and the drop-down lists to enter the criteria you want used in the search. Notes: ATOS book level ranges from 0.1 to 20.0; Lexile® Measure ranges from BR to 1800. If you want to search for a single book level, points, or installation date, enter the same information in both fields.
If you don't want to search by book level, points, installation date, fiction/nonfiction, interest level, or language, skip this step.
- Click Search.
On the right side of the page the program displays the list of Reading Practice Quizzes that matched your search criteria. If the list of results is long, it will be split into multiple pages; click Next >> or << Previous to move through the list. (This automatically adds anything that you have checked.)
If you want to print a label for every quiz in the list, click << Add All on the bottom of the page (you may need to scroll down); then, go to step 9.
If you want to choose some of the quizzes or if you want to print different quantities of labels for different quizzes, check the boxes by the quizzes for which you want to print a book label. To select every quiz on the page, check the box by the Quantity column heading at the top of the list.
If there are quizzes for which you want more than one label, type the number of book labels you want to print for that quiz in the Quantity column for each of those quizzes.
The number of book labels that actually print for each quiz is the product of the quantity you enter on the Report Options page for all the quizzes and the quantity you enter on this page for each quiz you select. The number you enter on the Report Options page is the quantity of book labels you want to print for every quiz you've chosen. The number you enter on this page allows you to change the quantity of book labels that print for a particular quiz. For example, if you wanted to print two book labels for every quiz you've chosen except one, and for that one quiz you needed to print six book labels, you would enter "2" on the Report Options page. Then, on this page, you would enter "3" by the quiz for which you needed six book labels (2 x 3 = 6).
Click < Add above the list on the right side of the page. All the Reading Practice Quizzes you have chosen will be moved to the list on the left side of the page. This is the list of quizzes for which book labels will print. Note: If you have some quizzes checked and you click Next >> or << Previous, the selected quizzes are automatically moved to the list on the left--you do not have to click < Add.
Click Remove by the Reading Practice Quiz in the list on the left side of the page for which you don't want to print book labels to delete it from the list. Click Remove All to remove all the quizzes from the list on the left.
This list is sorted in the order you chose the quizzes. To sort it alphabetically by title, click the Title column heading.
Click Save when you have finished choosing the quizzes and marking the quantity of book labels you want printed for each. The number of quizzes will be shown in the Select Quizzes row on the Report Options page.
- Choose how many labels to print for each quiz (from 1 to 100). (See the tip in step 7 to find out how this affects the quantity you may have chosen for individual quizzes.)
- Click one of the sort options to choose how to sort the labels (by quiz number, title, author, book level, fiction/nonfiction, points, or Recorded Voice). The labels print based on the sort order you choose.
- Specify the information you want included on the book labels. Check the boxes to choose one or more of the following: quiz number, points, interest level, ATOS, and Lexile® Measure.
- Use the Laser Labels option to identify the starting position for the labels you're printing. Delete the existing number and type the starting position on the first page of labels. This is useful if you've already printed part of a page of labels and you need this print job to start somewhere other than in the first position in the upper left corner of the page. To help you decide which position number you need to use, the program displays a chart showing you the number of each position on a sheet of laser labels.
- Select View Report.
- As the program generates your report, you'll see the Report Progress page. When the report is ready, it opens in Adobe Reader or your default PDF reader in the browser window or a separate window.
- Click Customize this Report to go back and choose different options for the report and generate it again.
- To select another report, click Select a Different Report.
You will need to check the margins and setup for the labels in your computer's Print dialog box before printing to make sure the labels will print properly. If you have trouble setting the margins properly, you can find more information on this in our Knowledge Base at http://support.renaissance.com/techkb/techkb/4214766e.asp.