More Information on Lexile® Measure Preferences in Accelerated Reader and Star Reading
Lexile® Measures are available in Accelerated Reader. To make it easier, you only need to set one preference in order to see Lexile® Measures in both Accelerated Reader and Star Reading.
Where can I see the Lexile® measures in Accelerated Reader and Star Reading?
Many reports and dashboards include Lexile® Measures if you have chosen to show them. Students using Accelerated Reader can also see Lexile® Measures alongside or instead of ATOS book levels when they search for quizzes and view quiz information. Administrators and teachers see either level on the Manage Books & Quizzes pages. Lexile® Ranges are also shown instead of Zones of Proximal Development (ZPDs) if you have chosen to show Lexile® Measures.
How can I change the Lexile Measure preferences?
There are two ways that you can set or change the school-level preference to display Lexile® Measures. The preference is a school-level preference that can only be set by district administrators, district staff, or school administrators.
In Star Reading
- On the Star Reading Preferences page, use the School drop-down list above School Preferences to choose a school.
- The current setting for the preference at the chosen school is shown. To change the setting, click Edit under School Preferences.
- In the pop-up window, click Yes to include the Lexile® Measure and the Lexile® Range on certain reports, or No to exclude them.
- The pop-up window will close, and the new setting will be shown on the Preferences page. At the bottom of the page, click Done.
For more information, see Lexile® Measures Preference in the Star Reading help.
In Accelerated Reader
To get to the Set Current Book Level page:
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader (or Independent Reading), then Manage Books and Quizzes.
- If necessary, use the School drop-down list to choose the school you want to work with.
- On the left side of the page, under Actions, click Book Level Settings. The Book Level Settings page opens.
- Click Set Current Book Level to choose the book levels to use.
- Select a book level. Then, select Save.
Please the Set Current Book Level for more information.