Accelerated Reader Overview
Renaissance Accelerated Reader empowers teachers and makes differentiating independent reading practice effortless while maintaining the flexibility necessary to fit within existing classroom routines. Students select and read books, then take short comprehension quizzes. Rich dashboards and reporting provide you with the insights necessary to identify quickly which students need more support. Accelerated Reader includes Reading Practice Quizzes, Vocabulary Practice Quizzes, Literacy Skills Quizzes, and Other Reading (textbook) Quizzes. Recorded Voice Quizzes are also available for emergent readers. Many quizzes are available in both English and Spanish. Accelerated Reader also includes high-interest nonfiction articles and short quizzes about those articles.
How It Works in Your Classroom
A typical Accelerated Reader session operates something like this:
- You assign Reading Practice goals and certification goals for the students.
- Students either choose a book to read or read books you have assigned to them.
- Students use Accelerated Reader to search for and take the quiz for the books they have read.
- Accelerated Reader scores each student’s quiz, and the student can see the results: their scores, how many questions they answered correctly, and how many points they earned if they passed the quiz.
- You and the student discuss the quiz results.