Installing the Renaissance Responder Software on Windows Computers
Renaissance Responders and NEO 2 will no longer be supported after future software updates.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
If you want your students to use Renaissance Responders or NEO 2 to enter their answers to paper assignments, you will need the Renaissance Responder software installed on computers that have a Renaissance Receiver connected. Follow the steps below to install the software on Windows computers:
- Make sure you are logged into the computer with the rights or permissions required to install software for all users. If you do not know whether you have those rights at the computer, or if you don't have those rights, contact your school's technology/computer coordinator.
- If you are not logged in to Renaissance Place, on the welcome page, select Check Software Requirements.
If you are logged in, on the Home page, select Product Administration, then Download Supporting Software.
- On the next page, select Downloads on the left side or the top of the page.
- When the Downloads page opens, first note the server name or IP address; then, under Renaissance Place Downloads, select Renaissance Responder on the Windows tab.
- When you choose to download the program, your browser may let you choose what to do with the program. Choose to save the file to your computer.
- Double-click the file that you just downloaded (ResponderInstaller1.8.1WinUS.msi).
- When the Renaissance Responder Setup Wizard appears, click Next >.
- The Select Installation Folder panel asks you which folder to store the program in. Check the default location shown. If you want to change it, click Browse to select a different folder.
Click one of the options at the bottom of the window to choose who should be able to use this program: everyone or just you.
Click Next > to continue.
- Click Next > again to confirm installation. (If the program tells you that the Renaissance Wireless Server Utility is in use, click Continue.)
- Click Close when the installation is complete.
- A message may open, telling you that the computer needs to be restarted. To restart now, click Yes; if you want to wait, click No.
- Start the program. In most versions of Windows, you will find it in the Start menu; for Windows 8, you will find it in the list of applications.
- When the program asks you to enter your Renaissance Place server address, enter the server IP address that you noted in step 4. (If the program doesn't ask you to enter the address, it may have chosen the server that you're using for the AccelScan Scanning Software. You can change the server if necessary by clicking the Edit menu and choosing Server Settings.) Click OK after you enter the IP address.
- To log in, enter your Renaissance Place user name and password and click Log In.