Installing the Renaissance Responder Software on Macintosh Computers
Renaissance Responders and NEO 2 will no longer be supported after future software updates.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
If you want your students to use Renaissance Responders or NEO 2 to enter their answers to paper assignments, you will need the Renaissance Responder software installed on computers that have a Renaissance Receiver connected. Follow the steps below to install the software on Macintosh computers:
- Make sure you are logged into the computer with the rights or permissions required to install software for all users. If you do not know whether you have those rights at the computer, or if you don't have those rights, contact your school's technology/computer coordinator.
- If you are not logged in to Renaissance Place, on the welcome page, select Check Software Requirements.
If you are logged in, on the Home page, select Product Administration, then Download Supporting Software.
- On the next page, select Downloads on the left side or the top of the page.
- When the Downloads page opens, first note the server name or IP address; then, under Renaissance Place Downloads, select Renaissance Responder on the Macintosh tab.
- When you choose to download the program, your browser may let you choose what to do with the program. Choose to save the file to your computer.
- Double-click the ResponderInstaller1.8.1MacUS.dmg file that you downloaded.
- Double-click the Renaissance Responder Installer once the dmg file is open.
- If a message asks you to confirm that you want to open the application, click Open.
- Enter your user name and password for the computer when the installer asks you to do this. Then, click OK.
- A message may appear to tell you that installing the software requires a computer restart. To continue, click Continue Installation.
- The program will install the Renaissance Responder program in the Applications folder on your hard drive.
- After the installation is complete, the Applications : Renaissance Responder folder will open. Double-click Renaissance Responder to start the program.
- When the program asks you to enter your Renaissance Place server address, enter the server IP address that you noted in step 4. (If the program doesn't ask you to do this, it may have chosen the server that you're using for the AccelScan Scanning software. You can change the server if necessary by clicking the Edit menu and choosing Server Settings.) Click OK after you enter the IP address.
- To log in to the program, enter your Accelerated Math user name and password and click Log In.