How Students Complete Online Assignments
For online assignments, students log in to Renaissance Place to complete their practices or tests using a computer or a tablet. When students complete online assignments, they are scored automatically by the software. (Students can also review past assignments and view resources in the software.)
Students follow these steps to complete an online assignment:
- After logging in to the Renaissance site, on the student Home page, select Accelerated Math 2.0.
If your school has Renaissance Home Connect, students can also log in to Renaissance Home Connect from home, select the math tab, and then select the Accelerated Math 2.0 tab. On that tab, students can select Open Accelerated Math 2.0. They can then complete practices, but they are not allowed to complete tests when they log in this way.
- If a Choose Your Class window opens, select the class you want to do work for; then, select Done.
- If you are in more than one group, use the drop-down list to choose the group that you are doing work for.
- Select Start for the type of assignment you want to work on (practice or test). (If you have worked on the assignment before, select Resume instead of Start.)
- Select the green Start button to start the assignment.
For practices, you can also print a copy of the online assignment by selecting Print Assignment on this page. You can print the assignment from the new window that opens. Even if you print the assignment, you still need to complete it online by following these steps.
- You will see the first problem on the assignment. To answer each problem, select an answer, and then select Next.
When you answer the last question, select Review and Submit instead of Next.
You will see all of the problem numbers with the answers you chose. If you selected Flag for any problem, you will see a flag on that problem. You can select any problem number to go back to it. If you are done with the assignment, select Submit.
- If you need help with a problem, select Problem Help (or ). You may see links to glossary terms, worked examples (which show how to solve this type of problem), videos, or peer help, which shows you the names of other students who may be able to help you with this subskill.
- If you want to mark this problem because you have a question or want to come back to it, select Flag.
- If you want to see which problems you have answered, select . You will see all of the problem numbers with the answers you've chosen. The problems you haven't answered will be empty. You will also see which problems you have flagged.
The program will ask if you are sure that you want to submit the assignment. You can't make any changes after you submit your work. If you are sure, select OK. If not, select Cancel to go back to the problem numbers.
After you submit the assignment, you will see:
- All of the problem numbers with your answers. Correct answers will have a green check mark; incorrect answers will have a red X. Select a problem number to see that problem again.
- A list of the subskills on the assignment and your score for this assignment and overall.
If you want a printed copy of the summary, select Print, then select your printer.
When you are done reviewing the summary, select Done. You will go back to the Assignments page.
If you are done working in the software, select Log Out in the top-right corner of the page.