Generating a Test for Students
Although students' practices are generated automatically throughout the Assignment Plan, tests are not. Teachers generate tests for an entire group as needed by following the steps below.
Note that students' tests will be in the format shown at the top of the page (paper or online). You can click the option to change it.
If you generate a test for students who already are working on a test, those students will receive the new test after they finish the one they are working on. If you do this multiple times, each new test will be available to students after they finish the previous one.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, School Administrators, Teachers
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Math 2.0.
- Select Progress Dashboard in the links to the right of the Accelerated Math logo.
- Use the drop-down lists at the top of the page to choose the school, class, and Learning Schedule if necessary.
The current Assignment Plan will be selected in the Assignment Plan drop-down list.
- Your groups will be listed. Select View Assignments for the group that needs a test generated.
- Check the box for the subskill(s) for which you want to generate a test (up to 20). Generally you will do this for subskills that are light green for students, indicating that the students have finished practice; however, you can also generate a test for any subskill, regardless of whether the student has done previous work.
If you are using a test for diagnostic purposes or as a pretest, you can select subskills that the students have not already practiced as mentioned above.
- Select Generate Test above the table.
If you see a message telling you that your Accelerated Math capacity limit has been reached, the students will not receive their test. Your Accelerated Math 2.0 student capacity is set when you purchase your subscription. If you need to purchase more capacity, contact your administrator or your Renaissance Learning representative.
If you chose to use paper tests, the tests will open in a new window or tab. You can print them as you would any web page (by using ctrl-P on Windows computers or -P on Macintosh computers, or by right-clicking and choosing a print option from the popup menu).
If you have popup blockers enabled in your browser and you are generating paper tests, when the tests are ready, you will see a View Assignments button in the Generating Paper Assignments message. Click that button to open your tests so you can print them. (After 15 minutes, the button will change to Regenerate Assignments.)
- The students' squares for the objectives will now have a T, and when students log in to the software, they can take the test.
Note that students cannot take or score tests when they open the software through Renaissance Home Connect.
When students finish the test, if they pass, the squares in the Progress Dashboard will turn a darker green to show you that students have finished work on the assigned subskills.
If students do not score at least 4 out of 5 for a subskill on a test, the square for that subskill will show an exclamation point in a red triangle to show you the student may need help (Intervene); select the square to see the student's score and to choose what to do next (generate a practice or test).